Completely free of charge

    FAQs - Car insurance

    What different types of Car insurance are available?

    There are 3 different levels of Car insurance:

    Third Party – basic insurance which covers any damage you cause to a third party or their car if you are involved in an accident with them. It is a legal requirement to have Third Party insurance in place if you own a car, van or other motor vehicle.

    Third Party Fire and Theft – as well as Third Party insurance this also covers your own vehicle if it catches fire or is stolen.

    Comprehensive insurance – This provides full protection to your car whatever happens to it. If someone else is driving your car when it’s involved in an accident they are usually covered at a Third Party level.

    It is also possible to insure a number of cars from the same household on the same policy. This is called Multi-Car insurance.