1. Home
  2. /
  3. Temporary car insurance
  4. /
  5. Looking for short term...

Looking for short term learner driver insurance?

Feb 22, 2024

Learning to drive is stressful for most people but one thing that shouldn’t be is making sure you have insurance in place – it’s the law.

If you are learning to drive with an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) and only with them then they will have insurance in place for all the drivers they are teaching to drive. However, outside of that you will have to ensure you have cover in place.

You could of course try to get a provisional license holder added to a parent’s vehicle (typically) but expect a significant charge, excess or even a refusal from insurers. In the event of a claim then there is also the issue of potentially losing a no claims bonus and that is never popular!

So, what is a better solution?

If you have a Provisional Driving License AND are aged 17 to 25, we can place cover for you either if you are:

  • Learning to drive in your own vehicle.
  • Learning to drive in someone else’s vehicle – protecting any no Claims Bonus they have.

The cover is flexible in that you can choose the length of cover you need from one hour to six months and extend that should you need too.

Cover is Comprehensive with a £250 Excess

Whoever is supervising you needs to be over 25 and have had a full license for at least three years.

Sound good?

Get a quote online quickly and easily now.

Get a Quote

You can call us during normal office hours, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Outside of office hours you can either email us or leave an answerphone message and we promise to get back to you the next working day.

General enquiries:
020 8290 4560

Sign up for news

* indicates required